Did your plans postpone, preponed, or canceled suddenly? Airlines know that travel goals can change anytime. Therefore, Spirit has its Spirit Airlines Cancellation Policy for all uncertain times when passengers may have to cancel or change their bookings with the air carrier.
The airline offers one of the most flexible cancellation policies because one can cancel or change a Spirit Airlines flight with 5+ options. Whether you send a text, DM on social media, or call directly, your query will be resolved with 100% assurance.
Read below to learn how to use this policy and take advantage.
- 1 Spirit Airlines Cancellation Policy
- 2 Spirit Airlines Refund Policy
- 2.1 How Do I Change Or Cancel My Reservation With Spirit?
- 2.2 What Will Happen If Spirit Cancels My Flight?
- 2.3 What Is Flight Flex From Spirit?
- 2.4 Frequently Asked Questions
Spirit Airlines Cancellation Policy
According to the policy, when passengers change or cancel a Spirit Airlines flight, they must pay a certain fee. The charge depends upon how many days before departure they changed or canceled a Spirit flight.
The airline change & cancellation fees can range from $49 to $99. However, passengers don’t have to pay charges to Spirit Airlines if they have modified or canceled their booking more than 60 days before departure. Also, the 24-hour cancellation rule applies here.
How Much Is The Spirit Airlines Cancellation Fee?
You will pay between $49- $99 as Spirit Airlines Cancellation Fees depending upon the days left for boarding the flight. But sometimes, you can avoid this fee. Know your charges:
- 60+ days left for departure: No Fee
- 7- 59 days left for departure: $49
- 0-6 days left for departure: $99
Below we have stated how to avoid the change or cancellation fee on your bookings with Spirit.
Can You Change Flights For Free On Spirit?
You can change your Spirit Airlines flight for free with a flight flex purchase or cancel it at no fee when more than 60 days are left to depart.
However, if you discontinue the booking within 24 hours of purchase, provided you bought it more than 7 days before the flight’s departure, you will get a 100% refund in your original form of payment.
Hence, the Spirit Cancellation Policy provides the maximum benefit to those who cancel bookings under the 24-hour rule issued by the U.S. Department of Transportation.
Does Spirit Airlines Let You Cancel Flight Within 24 Hours?
When you cancel a booking within 24 hours of booking, but the departure is more than 7 days away, you will receive a full refund in the original form of payment.
As per the Spirit airlines Cancellation Policy, you can change/cancel your booking with Spirit till one hour before the flight’s departure and receive credits.
However, if you have purchased flight flex with the ticket, Spirit Airlines Flight Changes Policy lets you make changes in your booking once for up to 24 hours before the departure without any fee.
Spirit Airlines Refund Policy
Since Spirit’s prices are the lowest among all carriers, it has the most restricted refund policy. People hardly get refunds in the original form of payment.
If you are trying to use the Spirit refund policy, here are certain things to note:
- Firstly, Spirit doesn’t issue refundable tickets even if you are a Free Spirit member.
- Also, passengers will receive a refund from Spirit credits/ future travel vouchers for all cancellations and changes.
- Besides, you will receive a 100% refund in the original form of payment in only one condition (under the 24-hour cancellation and refund policy).
To cancel spirit airlines reservations, ask doubts, or raise a refund request, call the dedicated 24/7 customer service phone number 1 (855) 728-3555.
How long does Spirit take to refund money? The air carrier will provide you with a refund for credit card payments within 7 working days. However, the Spirit airlines cancellation refund takes 20 business days to process the debit card and cheque payments.
How Do I Change Or Cancel My Reservation With Spirit?
There are up to 6 ways of modifying or canceling your flight on Spirit. Passengers can call the live assistance phone number 1 (855) 728-3555 to use the Spirit airlines Cancellation Policy for their online/ offline bookings.
Steps to cancel/change booking online via website:
- Firstly, the passengers have to visit Spirit’s official website.
- After that, you will find MY TRIPS on the top left corner of the homepage.
- Once you click on it, go to the Find My Trip form on the right.
- Next, add details such as your last name and confirmation number.
- Once your respective booking opens up, you will see the option to change/ cancel bookings.
- Choose the suitable option and complete the process.
Passengers must be mindful of when they are canceling Spirit Airlines reservations. When there are less than 60 days to cancel the ticket, you will pay a charge and receive credits for the rest of the amount.
What Will Happen If Spirit Cancels My Flight?
Spirit may delay or cancel your flight due to weather changes, technical glitches, or other unforeseen problems. In such cases, passengers have these rights:
- When the flight is running late, you can rebook a flight at no additional cost (or Spirit will do it for you).
- Spirit airlines Cancellation Policy allows passengers to cancel these flights and claim a refund against them.
- Lastly, you will hardly receive a refund in your original form of payment. Either you will get a rebooked ticket or credit vouchers for future travel.
How to Get Refunds from Spirit Airlines? Use the live chat option from the website or call agents directly to claim a refund for spirit flight cancellations.
What Is Flight Flex From Spirit?
The spirit flight flex is a one-time protection cover against charges levied due to cancellations and changes passengers make to their bookings with Spirit.
As per the official site of Spirit airlines, flight flex lets passengers modify their bookings upto 24 hours before the flight’s departure for free. These are the terms and conditions for it:
- Firstly, it is available and applicable against bookings on the official website and selected travel agents.
- Also, one has to buy flight flex for all travelers with a reservation.
- The waiver is given for only one change.
- Lastly, this service is unavailable on all flights on the Spirit network.
Hence, before you book a spirit flight, check if flight flex is applicable or not when you cancel Spirit Flight Tickets.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Spirit give refunds if you cancel a flight?
When you cancel a flight within 24 hours of booking with the departure date scheduled for more than 7 days, you will receive a full refund in the original payment form. Otherwise, travelers get credits/ vouchers for all other refund requests.
How do I get a refund if I cancel my flight?
Spirit automatically provides refunds if your cancellation is eligible for it. However, you can call the Spirit airlines customer assistance phone number 1 (855) 728-3555 to ask for a refund. Make sure you have the cancellation details handy with you.
Can you cancel a flight within 24 hours on Spirit?
Yes, travelers can make changes to spirit airlines flight bookings upto 1 hour before departure. They can cancel it within 24 hours of booking when the flight’s departure is 7 days away. In some cases, you will have to pay a fee.
Read More Related Blogs:
Spirit Airlines Flight Change Policy
Spirit Airlines Manage Booking
Spirit Airlines Name Change Policy